Dawn breaks and in the crisp autumn air of Scotland’s Capital a quite remarkable new event gets underway. Enveloped within the beating heart of this most famous of cities, the runners of the inaugural Ultra Tour of Edinburgh set off with a Braveheart charge down the most famous street in Scotland – the Royal Mile. Their course then weaves 55km through streets, alleyways, onto hills, up crags, past monuments, museums, seats of Royalty, Government and up and down 3000 feet of ascent and descent.
The Ultra Tour of Edinburgh is unique. Many events claim to be. But this one is an Ultra Run in a city – a city like no other. Rat Race is the UK’s best known adventure sports outfit and our company was forged on the streets of Edinburgh in 2004 with the staging there of our first ever event. It is to our spiritual home that 13 years on, we bring a superlatively ‘doable’ Ultra. 55km on foot is no mean feat but for all those out there who think they can go that extra mile, you can. And what better place to do so than somewhere so hauntingly beautiful, rugged, gnarled and famous in equal measure.
KEY RULES & COURSE ETIQUETTE
- This event takes place on public paths, shared access trails & sections of ‘live’ public roads. There are no closed roads. Exercise caution.
- Have all your mandatory kit with you at all times, no exceptions.
- You are only allowed to receive outside support at Pit Stops, nowhere else.
- Please be courteous to all other users, they have as much right to be there as you do.
- Do not drop litter. We’ll happily take it from you at the Pit Stops or you can use the many public bins along the route.
Date: 22nd October 2017 07.30 AM – Edinburgh
Type of Event: Multi Terrain Running
Skill Level: Intermediate to Expert
The Eager Beaver Team,
Carpe Diem Lifestyle